The determining and reporting of VAT is entirely the responsibility of the event organiser and Billetto does not automatically include VAT in the prices of tickets, however it is possible for Billetto to display the VAT breakdown of ticket prices to your customers if you so wish.
To do so, you first need to have updated your own VAT information in the Billetto system:
- Log into Billetto
- Click on the Account Overview icon (the small symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen next to your account name).
- Click on Bank Information
Here you will have the option to input your VAT details.
Once you have done this, you will then be able to display the VAT of your tickets to your customers (this will not occur automatically, but you will need to manually select this option).
To do so, either when creating or editing an event (to edit your event log into Billetto, click on My events in the top left of the screen and then click Edit next to the relevant event) you will need to:
- Scroll down to your ticket types
- Click on the Advanced Settings cogwheel on the right of the ticket line
- The final option in the Advanced Settings is 'VAT rate:' - set this to 20% if you wish to include VAT in your customer's receipt. Note: the price of this ticket will remain as you have determined.
- Repeat this for all separate ticket types for which you would like VAT to be displayed to your customers.
- Click Publish to confirm this update to your event.
Now when your customers purchase tickets, they will receive in their confirmation email a breakdown of the VAT included in the price of their order.